The Real Ghostbusters Toys - Climbing Toys For Children.
The Real Ghostbusters Toys
- Ghostbusters is a supernatural comedy multi-media franchise created in 1984. Its inception was for the movie Ghostbusters, released on June 8, 1984 by Columbia Pictures. It centered around a group of eccentric New York City parapsychologists who investigate and capture ghosts for a living.
- The Real Ghostbusters is an American animated television series based on the 1984 film Ghostbusters. The series ran from 1986 to 1991, and was produced by Columbia Pictures Television, DiC Entertainment and Coca-Cola.
- The Real Ghostbusters is a comic series spun off from the animated series of the same name. Versions were published by Marvel UK and NOW Comics. Publication of the series began on March 28, 1988.
- An object, esp. a gadget or machine, regarded as providing amusement for an adult
- (toy) plaything: an artifact designed to be played with
- (toy) dally: behave carelessly or indifferently; "Play about with a young girl's affection"
- An object for a child to play with, typically a model or miniature replica of something
- A person treated by another as a source of pleasure or amusement rather than with due seriousness
- (toy) a nonfunctional replica of something else (frequently used as a modifier); "a toy stove"
The Real Ghostbusters - Ghost Loonies
Back in the 60s Wham-O created something called Super Elastic Bubble Plastic. Giving kids the ability to blow plastic bubbles instead of soapy ones. So they were more durable, could be stacked, have different colors, etc..
The problem is, they were TOXIC! Let's read the ingredients:
"Contains Poly Vinyl Acetate. Acetone with certified colors"
When blown up, toxic vapors would be released. Good luck getting a kid to not inhale them. I remember blowing them up gave me a splitting headache. I always thought it was solely due to the tiny plastic straw. Now I'm not so sure.
These lasted from the 60s to the mid 80s. This package of 8 is branded for The Real Ghostbusters and is (for some reason) called Ghost Loonies. A time period where a lot of our toys lacked safety and were just painful to use (but we loved them! :) )
The best is the warning near the logo. For Ages 8 & Up (Small Parts). Small parts are the only problem?
Wait, there's more. I don't have a picture of the back, but on it is another, clearer warning (which kids would likely never see)
"HEY KIDS!.. READ INSTRUCTIONS. Caution flammable. This is not a gum. do not chew. DO not use near fire. Contains: poly vinyl acetate. acetone. ethyl acetate plastic fortifiers with certified colors."
And the price was $1.99. Easily affordable back then with some allowance. So mom and dad would never know why you needed to be rushed to the E.R. :)
Kenner Toys - The Real Ghostbusters: 'Pull Speed Ahead Ghost' Ripcord Monster Toy
When the ripcord is pulled, it speeds along shooting sparks from its mouth.
The Real Ghostbusters series information:
The Real Ghostbusters is an American animated television series based on the 1984 film Ghostbusters. The series ran from 1986 to 1991, and was produced by Columbia Pictures Television, DiC Entertainment and Coca-Cola. 'The Real' was added to the title after a dispute with Filmation and its Ghost Busters properties. The series continues the adventures of paranormal investigators Dr. Peter Venkman, Dr. Egon Spengler, Winston Zeddemore, Dr. Ray Stantz, their secretary Janine Melnitz and their mascot ghost Slimer.
There also were two ongoing Real Ghostbusters comics, one published monthly by Now Comics in USA and the other published weekly (originally biweekly) by Marvel Comics in the United Kingdom, and a popular toy line manufactured by Kenne. The toyline lasted longer than the television series itself.
top ten toys for boys
old children toys
rc airplane toys
avatar toys australia
science toys uk
best toys in 2011
resaurus sonic toys
best christmas toys for 2011